Sunday, July 10, 2011

Another one (month) bites the dust

Oh boy, the months are flying by... I have tried to post twice, but my login for school messes up my login here sometimes and I am not savvy enough to figure out what to do other than go away and try again next time.
In June, we took our last pre-baby plane trip. To start, we spent about 5 days in Tucson, AZ with Jeremy's sister (Michelle), her husband (Jason), and kids. Luckily they had a pool in which to float Baby Beluga. We had a great time hanging out and getting in some good visiting. Michelle and I had some great girl time getting mani/pedies, dinner and a movie. Which meant Uncle JJ got to spend some quality time with his niece and nephew. He even put on a diaper! I suppose it's a little different when the diperee is taking off is own diaper, but it's a start.
After Tucson time we headed out to Albuquerque with Michelle and the kids for Jeremy's cousin's wedding. It was the hottest I've ever seen it in Albuquerque, in the 100s, but the wedding was beautiful and it was fun to hang out with all of Jeremy's extended family. Of course, we don't have a single picture from the trip... we have got to get better about using our camera. I'm actually a bit sad that we missed out on this opportunity.
Since returning home I took my last written test for grad school and scheduled my oral defense for the end of July. Yikes! Time to get going a little more seriously on that. Just two more classes for finish up after that! Jeremy has been working hard, for the guard, as well as, cleaning up/out our little home. He's had his work cut out for him, but has stepped up to take it on.
Finally, we took a quick trip to up to the Copper Princess Lodge with Martha and John over the Fourth of July weekend. We geared up and headed out for some dip-netting one day. After a few hours of me, very usefully, sitting on the bank, we discovered that the river was running a bit to high for catching. We weighed all our options, rounded up the wild beasts (dogs, not the boys) and headed back to the lodge for margaritas and Shirley Temples on the sunny deck. While our dreams of a freezer of fish were dashed, we did have a nice little vacation. Pictures of that will have to be another post since I can't get the camera to download on my computer...
29 Weeks
Annie's tough day...
Baby's room getting emptier

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Yay! You look great! So excited for you. :)

Courtney said...

Loved the update-you look great!!